tisdag 10 september 2019

Limited edition

Hello and welcome,

A new challenge starts today at Ally's Angels and the theme is anything goes. I've made this black and yellow masculine card with lots of cogs. 



I started by making my background for the cogs. I cut a panel of watercolor paper and colored it with distress oxide squeezed lemonade. I then used the 3D embossing folder mechanics and distress crayon black sooth. I finished by cover the whole piece with crackle glaze and when completely dry some more black soot crayon.

I made the two horizontal black panels by using watercolor paper and black gesso, sanding the whole surface and then put a mix of grit paste and black gesso on top for texture. Just love the matte look.



I die cut the pipes, cogs and viewer in chipboard using the pipeline, gadget gears, industrial and voltage dies from Tim Holtz. All the black pieces are made the same way as my black horizontal panels above and I made a few pieces yellow using white gesso, texture paste, oxide spray squeezed lemonade and then finished with some black sooth crayon on top.



I colored watercolor paper with distress oxide squeezed lemonade and stamped the hat and the collar from the stamp set distinguished in black using Archival ink and then fussy cut.

Metal embellishments are idea-ology except maybe the metal knob placed in the middle of the small cog. I think it's from Finnabair but I'm not sure. I totally love the new TH idea-ology hardware heads, I use them everywhere, lol. The quote chip limited edition is also TH and it's colored with some oxide spray squeezed lemonade.


The panels behind my 3D embossed background are two black ones, both made with watercolor paper and black gesso then sanded. Then of course I can't do without a layer made of corrugated cardboard.  It's made yellow with white gesso and oxide spray squeezed lemonade. When it's wet from the gesso I first flatten and then curl the edges some before spraying it with oxide spray. The crackled panel is made with watercolor paper, gesso, white crackle paint, distress oxide squeezed lemonade and then some distress crayon black soot. 

Thanks for stopping by
Lisa


Products used
Tim Holtz/Sizzix dies: pipeline, gadget gear, voltage, industrial
Tim Holtz/Sizzix 3D embossing folder: mechanics

Idea-ology by Tim Holtz: typed token, star, hardware heads, measurement, mini hardware pull, quote ship

Stamp set from Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous: distinguished 

Tim Holtz/Ranger: distress oxide squeezed lemonade, distress oxide spray squeeze lemonade, distress crayon black sooth, grit paste, texture paste

Metal embellishment "knob" from (Finnabair?)
Crackle paint and crackle glaze from DecoArt
White gesso
Black gesso
Watercolor paper, Canson 300g
Corrugated cardboard
Chipboard


4 kommentarer:

Rainey's Craft Room sa...

You have such an amazing talent Lisa, I love looking at all the texture you manage to put in to your pieces. I must invest in some more mixed media supplies, mine are very limited. Your black and yellow colour combo really works for this male / industrial themed card and your arrangement of the cogs and wheels makes me feel that it could start turning at any moment and see steam puffing out, love it.
Lorraine

aussie aNNie sa...

wow Lisa LOVE this and can I spend a day or two with you just to learn how to make such gorgeous creations.... I adore the colours and like Lorraine above, I need more supplies...love love love....♥

Janette sa...

Lisa your amazing, these designs and creations of yours are truely fabulous and I always find my jaw on the floor and a ton of inspiration, brilliant, a pleasure to see. Have a great day.xx

crafty-stamper sa...

Lisa you never cease to amaze me with your distressing and texture and the way you use the embellishments although calling them embellishments sounds rather trivial!!!I go backwards and forwards reading your descriptions then checking it out -just brilliant what more can I say !!!
Carol x