lördag 10 augusti 2019

Asbjorn's garage

Hello and welcome,
I'm on my summer vacation and at the moment visiting the beautiful country of Norway. The card I’m showing today is for a friend who loves to spend time in his garage. He loves old cars and he owns an absolutely gorgeous hotrod from 1933 so my plan was to make a garage themed card for his Birthday.

It's also my design team project for Ally's Angels and the new challenge starting today. The theme is anything goes. There is a nice prize for the winner and the challenge runs for a month so you have plenty of time to enter.



I started by making the frame. I used one of the baseboard frames from Tim Holtz (TH) and covered it with gesso and when dry with white crackle paint. I die cut the small tag in watercolor paper, the pediment and the viewer in chipboard and treated them the same way as the frame. I then did the same way with the etcetera trims here used as a shelf below the frame. When completely dry I used just a little distress crayon hickory smoke and some water to make the crackles more visible.


I embossed and fussy cut one of the stamps from the TH stamp set road trip to use as a background inside the frame. I glued the viewer together with a hardware head in the middle of the stamp and glued it to the back of the frame. I also glued the tag in place on the side and let two charms hang from it with help of a jump ring.



All brown panels are made with watercolor paper (300g) and distress oxide sprays vintage photo, walnut stain and pumic stone. The edges are sanded. I made white panels to put behind each brown panel. I used two stencils from TH and one from Andy Skinner (oil). I embossed the tire tracks in white, it's also from the road trip stamp set. The oil drops are die cut in chipboard using the TH pipeline die and colored with distress inks ground espresso and black sooth.

When I had glued all my panels together I put the frame in place and the pediment on top. I then glued the etcetera trims just below the frame. Now I could start to decorate. I used two letters from idea-ology letterpress for Asbjorn's initials.  



I've used a lot of TH idea-ology like the stars, hardware heads, buckle, mini hardware pull, faucet knob and a paper doll. These are all favorites of mine and frequently used in my projects. I dig deep in my stash and found some other items to go with my project: screw, bulb, nut and a coil spring. I used white gesso to make them look distressed and go with my project. 



The car is from the TH stamp set elements of time and embossed in the colour cappuccino from Sparkle N Sprinkle. The car is in three layers. Beside the embossed one I stamped two more and fussy cut and glued them all together to get a thicker piece. It's then glued with 3d cushions. 

The base is made using the same watercolor paper as my panels and it's colored with distress oxide sprays both inside and on the back side.


Thank you for stopping by
Hugs, Lisa



Products used
Dies from Tim Holtz/Sizzix: tag, pediments, pipeline, voltage

From Tim Holtz/Ranger:
-distress oxide sprays vintage photo, walnut stain, pumic stone
-distress inks ground espresso, black sooth
-distress crayon hickory smoke

Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous:
- stamps from the sets Road trip CMS128 and Elements of time CMS038
- stencils: Schoolhouse THS011, Industrial THS051, Stitched THS099
- etcetera pinked trims chipboard 

Tim Holtz idea-ology: letterpress, mini hardware pull, hardware heads, buckle, faucet knob, stars, typed token, jump ring, frame, quote chip, paper doll

From stash: charms, bulb, nut, coil spring, small measurement

Stencil from Andy Skinner (oil)

White gesso from Finnabair
White crackle paint from DecoArt
Watercolor paper from Canson 300g
Embossing powder: white from WOW and cappuccino from Sparkle N Sprinkle




7 kommentarer:

Janette sa...

It's always great to spot a post from you Lisa, this is an absolute stunner, just love all the details you put into your creations.
Enjoy the rest of your summer break. Xx

Rainey's Craft Room sa...

The crackle texture on the frame and elements looks amazing! A fabulous selection of textures and details, I'm sure your friend was thrilled to receive such an awesome card. Hope you enjoy your holiday x
Lorraine

crafty-stamper sa...

Well!!! I am completely and utterley in awe of your masculine creations-absolutely amazing how you can make watercolour card look this,you have a perfect eye for details and love the little metal charm tools and the buckle the figure is sat on-brilliant embossed tyre tracks-been looking at it all for ages lol
Carol x

aussie aNNie sa...

Love this, gorgeous artwork, fabulous crackle and just adore it all... and adorable colours.x

crafty-stamper sa...

Hi just calling back to say thank you for the lovely comment on my post
Carol x

Karen Dunbrook sa...

so awesome....love all the details.
:) Karen

aussie aNNie sa...

Thanks always Lisa for your comments..hope you are ok.x