This is my design team project for this month challenge at Ally's Angels with the theme anything goes. It's a birthday card with lots of Tim Holtz (TH) products.
All metal decorations used are from TH and either colored with distress paint tarnished brass and crayons black sooth or with just black gesso (the stars and the game spinner). The happy birthday sentiment is from the TH set crazy talk (CMS236) embossed in frayed burlap on watercolor paper covered in black gesso. I so like the matte surface that I get using black gesso. I also like sanding it to get a more distressed look.
My next layer is corrugated cardboard with distress paint tarnished brass and when completely dry I used quite a lot of distress ink/crayons in black soot on top. I then glued the baseboard frame included the oxide background on top of the corrugated cardboard and finished by adding die cuts and decorations.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by
List of products used
- Tim Holtz/Sizzix dies: mini clock key, butterfly duo, pocket watch frame
- Tim Holtz/Sizzix 3d impresslits: foundry
- Tim Holtz/Sizzix embossing folder: the matching folder to the butterfly duo die
- distress paint tarnished brass
- distress oxides vintage photo, cracked pistachio, pumice stone, iced spruce, fired brick
- distress ink black soot
- distress crayon black soot, iced spruce, rusty hinge
- Tim Holtz/Ranger: embossing powder frayed burlap
- Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous stamp set: correspondence (CMS225) crazy talk (CMS236) curiosities (CMS104)
- Tim Holtz idea-ology: baseboard frame, adornments stars, hardware heads, ball chain, typed token, adornments foundry, story stick, game spinner
- brown background paper from Tim Holtz idea-ology paper pad collage
- watercolor paper
- corrugated cardboard
- black cardstock