fredag 10 april 2020

The Alfa Romeo project for John

Hello and welcome to my blog,
Hope you all and your loved ones are well in these crazy times. Stay safe everyone.

A new challenge starts today at Ally's Angels and the theme is anything goes. For my design team project I have made a car themed tag using the mini etcetera tag by Tim Holtz.

I was asked by my friend John to do an "Alfa Romeo project" and I think a masculine car themed project is a lot of fun to make. The problem was the Alfa Romeo part - lol. I looked for an Alfa Romeo car stamp to color and found one but it didn't look att all like Johns car so thought I could always use a photo of his car. But then I finally decided to try to hand draw an Alfa Romeo by looking at photos John gave me. I also purchased an Alfa Romeo emblem to decorate my project with so there would be no doubt what car it would suppose to look like, just to be safe - lol. 



I kept my drawing very simple (as I have no drawing skills what so ever) and decided not to color like I usually do (using my Prismacolor pencils) but instead use distress collage medium matte and distress crayons with only my fingers as a tool. Just to distress the paper more than color the actual image. This gave it a different look. 

Most of my products used are by Tim Holtz. I started by covering an etcetera tag in the size small with transparent gesso. When completely dry I then used opaque texture paste through the stencil treads and let dry. I painted the tag on both sides using pumic stone distress paint and let dry completely. I then used black sooth distress crayons to paint parts of the tag and the stenciled areas. I mostly use my fingers when applying distress crayons. I stamped using one of the background stamps from the professor 2 stamp set and jet black archival ink.



I made the background panel using the 3D folder foundry (a favorite of mine) and silver metallic kraft stock. I sprayed some water on the paper and run it through my cuttlebug three times and I then cut the embossed paper in two pieces and also modified the edges a bit. I sanded it slightly and used mostly black sooth but also vintage photo distress crayons to give it color. 



The frame is made using the trinket frame die and die cut in chipboard. Covered it with gesso and when dry painted it using ground espresso distress paint. I also used some black sooth distress crayons before sanding it. I wrapped some metal wire from stash around the frame and used black sooth and vintage photo distress crayons to give it some color. The metal decorations are painted with distress crayons as well. Metal decorations are idea-ology by Tim Holtz, metal wire and a bulb from stash and an old spike from a car tire.



I die cut the voltage die in chipboard and painted the base in pumic stone distress paint and the bolts and frame in black sooth distress paint. The viewer is painted with ground espresso distress paint. All parts are sanded and finished with some black sooth distress crayons. I used label letters to write '1750 TI' the same as on the tailgate of John's car.



I die cut the number 159 (the model of the car) using the typo lower case die and chipboard. They are painted with ground espresso distress paint and inked with distress ink black sooth and then sanded.

I wrote 'turbo' by using idea-ology type ships and glued them onto the idea-ology metal gate.



As mentioned earlier I purchased an emblem for the steering wheel to put on top of my tag instead of the tag re-inforcer.

Thanks for the visit
Lisa





Tim Holtz products used
Stencil: THS045 Treads
Distress paints: pumic stone, black sooth, ground espresso
Distress crayons: black sooth, vintage photo
Distress ink: black sooth
Distress collage medium, matte
Etcetera tag, small
Stamp sets: CMS395 The professor 2, CMS225 Correspondence
Silver metallic kraft stock
3D embossing plate foundry
Dies: trinket frame, voltage, typo lower case die
idea-ology: machinery heads, factory tag, adornments foundry, label letters, measurements, metal gate, type chips, large hinge clips
Etcetera tag, small
Texture paste, opaque

Other products used

Chipboard
Alfa Romeo emblem
Transparent gesso, Finnabair
Watercolor cardstock, 180gr (for the drawing)
















9 kommentarer:

Mariann Jakobsen sa...

Lisa, dette er bare helt fantastisk! Bakgrunnen er helt rå! Så cool du har gjort den embossede 3D platen. Tegningen av bilen er amazing! Enda et prosjekt fra deg med masse herlige detaljer. Den metall wiren gir et ekstra tøft preg! (Ser et lite innslag fra Lofoten også her ;) )
Et kunstverk!!!

Jolanda's Blog sa...

Wow, that is some project!!! I really think it is fabulous!

Janette sa...

I am always amazed at your brilliant creations Lisa, they are beyond doubt just stunning. I love this and no one would doubt it was for someone who loved cars, its fabulous.
I hope your well and having a nice Easter. Stay Safe.xx

aussie aNNie sa...

Fabulous project, you have blown me away again, love the amazing colours and design ....enjoy your Easter Sunday x

Rainey's Craft Room sa...

Well I'm sure John will be super pleased with this personalised tag Lisa, your design and creative elements look amazing. Each detail has been given so much thought which makes this unique tag a gift to treasure.
Lorraine

crafty-stamper sa...

WOW I am completely in awe of your creations and inspiration!!!Your distressing is amazing and your eye for details is ---well---inspirational-you should definitely enter challenges and get your work"out there" Every single one is a work of art and special keepsakes
carol x

aussie aNNie sa...

Waving across the miles, stay safe.xx

Licho_Nie_Spi sa...

Stunning mechanical work!
Thank you for sharing with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Claudia N. sa...

Love how beautifully you have put this tag together, Lisa!
Great story, great texture! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Claudia x