söndag 19 april 2020

The Eye

Hello and welcome,
The Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge theme this week is 'E' is for? so I thought I'd color up The Eye from the stamp set Cadaverous by Tim Holtz and make a card to play along.



The eye is stamped with jet black Archival Ink on watercolor paper and colored with my Prismacolor pencils. When I was done with my coloring I added some eye lashes using my black Prismacolor pencil and then covered the whole piece in matte distress collage medium and when dry used hickory smoke distress crayons to color my background using my finger as a tool.



I covered a black baseboard frame with clear gesso and when dry I used texture paste from Ranger Ink through the stencil Flourish by Tim Holtz and when completely dry I covered the whole frame with matte distress collage medium and used chipped sapphire and black sooth distress crayon to paint it. I used a damp cloth to rub off some paint. Wrapped metal wire around the side and attached the typed token metal decoration which is painted using matte distress collage medium and chipped sapphire and black sooth distress crayons. The hinge at the top of the frame is treated the same way but also used some opaque crackle paste for texture. The stars are die cut in chipboard using the star die by Tim Holtz and then painted using chipped sapphire distress paint and oxide spray then covered in clear distress glaze and painted with black sooth distress crayons. Behind the frame I have a panel of black metallic kraft-stock and a black panel of corrugated packing from a candy box. 

My background is made using distress mixed media heavystock sprayed with stormy sky oxide spray and heat dried. I stamped randomly around the edge with stamps from the set Faded Type using jet black Archival Ink and then covered the whole paper in a layer of matte distress collage medium. When dry I used chipped sapphire and black sooth distress crayons to paint using my fingers as tools. Behind my background I have a panel of black metallic kraft-stock with sanded edges. 



Made a panel using the new (for me) distressed cracked leather cardstock. I sprayed with stormy sky and faded jeans oxide sprays and some water and heat dried. Then used my chipped sapphire and black sooth distress crayons to paint it. Behind this I have a panel of black metallic kraft-stock and the blue base is actually the back side of a core´dination cardstock (black with blue core). 

I have made some decorations using pieces of silver metallic corrugated cardstock and as they were quite shiny I covered them with matte distress collage medium and then painted them with black sooth distress crayon as I wanted a matte finish and not so silvery.



The star borders are made with a 3D embossing/die by Tim Holtz and die cut in black metallic kraft-stock. Added some idea-ology hardware heads, a machinery head and a metal star. To paint them I used matte distress collage medium and chipped sapphire distress paint and black sooth distress crayon. The quote chip at the top is treated the same way and also sanded.


I used the thinlits alphanumeric tiny type upper die and black metallic kraft-stock to write the word 'THE' and the big deco die and chipboard to write 'EYE'. I used chipped sapphire distress paint and black sooth distress crayon to paint the big letters. 

Thanks for the visit
Stay safe
Lisa


Challenge


Products used:

Tim Holtz
Stamps: CMS378 Cadaverous, CMS397 Faded Type
Stencil: THS032 Flourish
Dies: Deco, Alphanumeric tiny type upper, Star border, Star
Idea-ology: Baseboard frame, Typed token, Star, Large hinge clip, Quote chip
Distress paint: chipped sapphire
Distress oxide spray: stormy sky, faded jeans
Distress crayons: chipped sapphire, black sooth, hickory smoke
Texture paste
Texture paste opaque crackle
Distress collage medium, matte
Distress crackle glaze rock candy
Distress mixed media heavystock
Black metallic Kraft-Stock
Distress cracked leather cardstock
Arhival Ink black sooth

Other
Clear Gesso, Finnabair
Silver metallic corrugated cardstock
Metal wire
Core´dination cardstock black with blue core

5 kommentarer:

Mariann Jakobsen sa...

Wow, så fantastisk flott og annerledes fra deg denne gang ❤️ Kult!
Fortsatt masse herlige detaljer, og mange spennende teknikker du bruker. Smart ide å bruke The eye på denne måten 👌 TH selvfølgelig 😉

Janette sa...

Fabulous Lisa, love the image and the colouring looks brilliant, I must confess I have never seen the leather look card before and I really like it, one of the first things i noticed. Another stunning work of art.
Hope your staying safe and well, take care.xx

Rainey's Craft Room sa...

I love this colour palette you have chosen as a change from browns and greys, it's works so well with the eye theme. There are so many beautiful textured layers and details as always in your creations and I have to take several looks at it to discover everything. Fabulous!
Take care,
Lorraine

aussie aNNie sa...

Absolutely amazing Lisa, that eye looks rather real, love this cute image, colours and whole design...hope you are doing well.xx

crafty-stamper sa...

Absolutely amazing Lisa the eye is brilliant,love the distressed leather look cardstock and all your brilliant techniques for the embellishments and layers-all your cards are just amazing
Carol x