This is a Birthday card i've made for a 90 year old. Not often i get that chance, so cool. This is also my design team project for Ally's Angels and the new challenge starting today. The theme is Anything Goes.
To create my background i've used the distress micro glaze resist technique and some new stencils, distress oxide sprays and also the new glitch stamps, all by Tim Holtz.
I cut a piece of watercolor paper in the size 14,5x18 cm and used distress micro glaze through the stencils digits and halftone. I then sprayed with cracked pistachio, evergreen bough and frayed burlap distress oxide sprays. I sprayed with water and heat dried. Wiped off with dry cloth. I then stamped using monarch orange archival ink and stamps from glitch 1, glitch 2 and mini glitch sets. I inked the edges slightly using ground espresso distress ink.
I used the 3D embossing folder brickwork and watercolor paper to create a brick wall and painted it using brushed corduroy, ripe persimmon, rusty hinge and tea dye distress oxide sprays and rusty hinge, iced spruce, vintage photo and black sooth distress crayons. I used the dies gadget gears, steampunk parts, industrial and mini clock key and die cut the cogs and gears in chipboard or watercolor paper. All the orange gears are covered first in black gesso then painted with ripe persimmon distress paint, wiped some paint off with dry cloth and sprayed with tea dye distress oxide spray and water and let dry. Love the way they look, especially the ones with the more milky and distressed look.
The big greenish circle in the middle is made earlier for another project but never used and I don't remember how I painted it but I do remember it was in a similar way as I have described above for the orange gears using black gesso and paint and oxide sprays but couldn't remember what combo of colours I used. I tried to create the same color for the cog in the middle but failed so it turned out a bit more blue then intended but decided to use it anyway. The yellow piece in the middle is an idea-ology vintage flair piece.
I stamped the hat and the collar from the distinguished stamp set using garden patina archival ink on watercolor paper. I covered the pieces in matte distress collage medium and then painted it using iced spruce, rusty hinge and gathered twigs distress crayons with my finger tips.
Haven't used much decorations this time but managed to squeeze in some favorite idea-ology pieces like the hardware heads, large hinge clip and letterpress (to write 90). They are painted using either patina green antiquing cream from DecoArt and gathered twigs distress crayon or ripe persimmon distress paint and black sooth distress crayons. For the letterpress i used both antiquing cream and distress paint and to finish i used gathered twigs distress crayon.
I matted my background onto dark orange kraft stock and behind it a panel of blue-green kraft stock. The base is black core'dination cardstock with orange core, folded to also create the inside of my card. All with sanded edges.
Thanks for stopping by today
-distress micro glaze
-stencils: digits, halftone
-stamp set: glitch 1, glitch 2, mini glitch, distinguished
-distress oxide sprays: cracked pistachio, evergreen bough, frayed burlap
-distress ink ground espresso
-distress crayons: rusty hinge, iced spruce, vintage photo, black sooth, gathered twigs
-3d embossing folder brickwork
-dies: gadget gears, steampunk parts, industrial, mini clock key
-distress paint: ripe persimmon
-idea-ology: large hinge, hardware heads, letterpress, vintage flair
-matte distress collage medium
-archival ink monarch orange, garden patina from ranger ink
-black gesso, finnabair
-watercolor paper, canson 300gr
-patina green antiquing cream, decoart
-cardstock, black magic collection from core'dinations