måndag 23 september 2019

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Hello and welcome,
Hope you had a great start of this week. I created this Birthday card for my mom using dies and a 3D folder from Tim Holtz. 



I started by making a background using oxide sprays. I then torn a page from an old dictionary in small pieces and added them onto my background using distress collage medium. I stamped randomly using stamps from Tim Holtz (TH) and used crackle paint on the edges. I cut out pieces of design paper from a TH paper pad and glued onto my background.



On top of my background I have a panel I created using watercolor paper and oxide sprays. I then used the 3D embossing folder botanical and also distress ink ground espresso and distress crayon brushed pewter. I made a panel with corrugated cardboard colored with the same distress ink and crayon as above. I have used the 3D embossing folder star trim to create the small star border that you could see a small part of close to the upper right corner of my card. I sanded the border and used distress crayons to finish.

My next panel is made using metallic kraft stock, the stacked postage die to cut a rectangle and then the 3D folder botanical again. I used distress paint and distress crayons in black soot on top. Then I made the pocket for the flowers using the die gift card bag. I made the pocket out of watercolor paper and colored it with oxide sprays and then sanded the edges and used the 3D folder botanical (again) and distress crayon brushed pewter on top.



The flowers and leaves are made with the TH dies wildflower stems 1 and garden greens and again I have used metallic kraft stock. I glued one idea-ology railhead in the center of each flower. The buckle, paper doll and wings are also from TH. I colored the dress and bow on the paper doll with my old Promarkers. 

To create the big bow I used an older TH die, bow-tied, and mixed media paper colored with distress oxide sprays spun suger, wilted violet and pumic stone and some distress ink ground espresso for the edges. The sweet little heart is from TH too and the lace is made with the die crochet cut out in mixed media paper and colored only with distress crayon brushed pewter.

I die cut the letters for 'MOM' using chipboard and the TH deco die and colored them using the same oxide sprays as for the bow and a touch of distress ink ground espresso for the edges. The quote chip 'make a wish' is also from TH.

The base is white cardstock, folded to create the inside of the card, and does not show at all from the front side. I then have a panel of purple corrugated cardstock and on top of that a panel with brown kraft cardstock and a panel of metallic kraft stock. I then glued my oxide spray background panels I described above on top of this. The card is 20,5x15 cm (approx. 8x6 inches). 

Thanks for stopping by
Lisa


Products used 
Tim Holtz/Sizzix dies: crochet, deco, gift card bag, garden greens, stacked postage, wildflower stems 1, bow-tied

Tim Holtz/Sizzix: 3D impresslits folder: botanical, star trim

Tim Holtz/stampers anonymous: CMS339 Mail art

Tim Holtz idea-ology: buckle, gumdrop heart, nailheads, paper doll, transparent wing, chit chat sticker

Tim Holtz: metallic kraft stock silver

Tim Holtz/Rangers:
-Distress ink black sooth
-Distress oxide spray ground espresso, walnut stain, vintage photo, pumic stone, spun sugar, wilted violet
-Distress crayon brushed pewter, black sooth
-Distress paint black sooth
-Collage medium matte


-Corrugated cardboard
-Corrugated cardstock
-Chipboard
-Paper from old dictionary
-Crackle paint, DecoArt
-Watercolor paper, Canson
-Mixed Media paper, Canson



3 kommentarer:

crafty-stamper sa...

WOW your feminine card is just as amazing as the masculine -I am in awa of the effect you achieve with watercolour paper!!!BRilliant die-cut embellishments-fabulous flowers and die-cut lace and brilliant rusty buckle-just amazing and happy birthday to your Mom
Carol x

aussie aNNie sa...

Beautiful card for your darling mum Lisa. I love TH 3D folders, I received a steampunk one of cogs yesterday in the mail, eager to get more. Lovely lace and gorgeous colours, you are one inspiration.xx

Rainey's Craft Room sa...

Happy Birthday to your mum and I'm sure she will be thrilled to receive this card. Such amazing depth and texture in your colours and layers. Gorgeous details and design too. As Carol said your masculine and feminine cards are equally as amazing as each other.
Lorraine