söndag 10 november 2019

The professor

Hello and welcome,
Today I'm showing this card made for my wonderful friend and Ally's Angels teamie MariannI wanted to surprise her with a steampunk Birthday card and I have used the professor stamp from Tim Holtz (TH) along with some other cool TH details. 

This is also my design team project for Ally's Angels and the new challenge that starts today. The theme is anything goes. My teamies makes the most beautiful cards so pop over and have a look.


My card is 15,5x21,5 cm (approx. 6x8,3 inch). The professor is made with the stamp set CMS373 from Tim Holtz. I started by coloring gloss paper using walnut stain, vintage photo, pumic stone and rusty hinge oxide sprays and then used distress micro glaze on top and wiped off with dry cloth. When dry I stamped the professor with Archival ink jet black and fussy cut. The black hat is from the same stamp set as the professor and I stamped it onto black alcohol ink paper using archival ink monarch orange. It leaves just enough colour for me to see the lines to be able to fussy cut the hat. I then run it through my cuttlebug using the foundry 3D embossing folder and then used a 3D cushion to glue it in place.
I die cut the steampunk parts in chipboard and used black gesso, sanded the edges and colored the edges with arhival ink monarch orange. I then die cut the cogs also in chipboard and colored them with archival ink rotting soil, vermillion and monarch orange. I used a little distress ink ground espresso on top before sanding them. I have also used acrylic paint from Deco Art. I just used a small brush and the color quinacradone gold to give the pieces an even more rusty color. I treated all the bolt heads the same way. 
The clock behind the professor is a stamp from the set distinguished stamped onto kraft, fussy cut, inked with distress ink ground espresso and distress collage medium on top. The ribbon is colored with archival ink jet black and rotting soil then used some oxide spray rusty hinge on top. The buckle is from Tim Holtz and the bolt heads are die cut and treated the same way as the other bolt heads above. 
All metal decorations are Tim Holtz idea-ology and colored with distress crayons.

To create the background I used design paper from Tim Holtz's paper pad abandoned. I cut two panels of this paper and sewed around the edges with my sewing machine and used distress ink black sooth through the stencil schoolhouse (that's the bigger letters just behind the professor, the smaller letters on the left hand side is the design paper). I had a left over piece from the ribbon so glued it on the upper part of the background panel. 


For my other layers I used black metallic craft and sanded the edges, grey core'dination cardstock and corrugated cardstock. The latter was actually mint green from the beginning, I had run out of the brown kraft ones so I have colored it with distress paint tarnished brass, walnut stain and distress ink black sooth. Behind I have a layer of corrugated packing colored with oxide spray rusty hinge and used distress black sooth for the edges. The base is made with watercolor paper wish I also folded to create the inside of the card. To get the black matte surface I used black gesso and then sanded the edges. The inside and back side is colored with distress oxide sprays, but have no photos to show.

The happy birthday sentiment is embossed in the color tea dye on black alcohol ink paper and fussy cut. Love the black alcohol ink paper. The matte surface is fantastic.

Thank you for stopping by and thank you all who leave me such kind comments, they mean the world to me.

Hugs, Lisa



PRODUCTS USED

From Tim Holtz
Dies: cogs, steampunk parts, foundry 3D impresslit
Stamps: CMS373 The Professor, CMS371 Distinguished
Stencil: THS011 Schoolhouse
Idea-ology: ribbon, mini hardware pull, hardware heads, measurement, buckle, wheel, pen nib
Distress oxide spray rusty hinge, pumic stone, walnut stain, vintage photo
Distress ink black sooth, ground espresso
Distress crayons black sooth, tea dye, gathered twigs, rusty hinge
Distress embossing powder tea dye
Metallic kraft, black
Core'dination cardstock, grey

From Ranger Archival ink jet black, monarch orange, rotting soil, vermillion

From DecoArt
Acrylic paint quinacridone gold

Other products
Corrugated cardstock
Corrugated packing












8 kommentarer:

crafty-stamper sa...

As soon as I see your pics I get the musty dusty smell of long forgotten items-in a good way lol-very atmospheric!!!Fabulous distressed layers and love all the sanding and distressed tape measure ribbon-absolutely brilliant!!!
carol x

Janette sa...

I agree with Carol's comment, I am always inspired by your wonderful talent Lisa, simply stunning. Xx

aussie aNNie sa...

Hello lovely Lisa, wow you have knocked this post, drooling over your amazing work...xx

Rainey's Craft Room sa...

A wonderful steampunk, distressed and grungy card, I'm sure Mariann will love it as much as I do.
Lorraine

Mariann Jakobsen sa...

I also agree with Carol's comment. This is an outstanding work, just fabulous! SO many details - (you have a perfect eye for details)! I do love them all! You're so talented! I really appreciate this card. Love it! We must have a separate exhibition in our living room with your cards. Thank you so much my dear friend, Lisa. You're the best! xoxo

Rainey's Craft Room sa...

Happy New Year to you too Lisa!
Wishing you health and happiness in 2020.
Lorraine x

crafty-stamper sa...

Thank you for all your comments over the year and for your amazing inspiration -best wishes for the New Year
Carol x

aussie aNNie sa...

Thanks Lisa for your visits and Happy 2020 creations.xx