lördag 9 november 2019

Curiosity

Hello and welcome,
Today I'm showing an industrial inspired Birthday card made for my dear sister in law.  


I started by making my background. I sprayed distress oxide sprays walnut stain, ground espresso and pumic stone all over the front side of the Tim Holtz stencil industrial and then used it to make a print on white gloss paper. I think it looks cool with the letters and numbers backwards. I saw Tim Holtz do this on one of his FB live and wanted to try it. You can watch his demo here (this technique is shown 42 minutes into the demo). My intension was to then use distress micro glaze on this but liked the way it looked so just left it as it is and just stamped some numbers and words using archival ink rotting soil and stamps from the sets mail art and correspondence on top.
I cut some layers to put behind my background; one silver metallic kraft (sanded and slightly inked with distress ink ground espresso) and one plain white mixed media paper. The base layer is corrugated packing then I have a panel of white mixed media paper and a panel of design paper from the abandoned paper stash from Tim Holtz. The latter is sanded around the edges and cut in the bottom corner on the left hand side to fit with the stamping I did on the mixed media paper panel. The folded base is made with watercolor paper, 300g (140lb) and I have glued it on the back side of the corrugated packing panel. It does not show at all from the front side fo my card.
The star trim is die cut in silver metallic kraft. I sanded it before die cutting and then inked with distress ink ground espresso. I die cut the trinket frame in chipboard and covered it with grit paste and let dry. Then used my distress ink tool with distress ink ground espresso all over it. The tickets are stamps, stamped in archival ink rotting soil and die cut with matching die from Tim Holtz.  
The bottle caps are sanded before glued in place as well as the quote ship. The latter was also inked on the edges using distress ink ground espresso. The metal text decorations are colored with distress crayons picket fence and the metal clip at the top with distress crayons picket fence, gathered twigs and walnut stain as well as the pen nib. The baseboard doll is sanded and then inked around the edges using distress ink ground espresso and I used distress marker to color his face and tie.
Thank you for stopping by
Lisa


I will try my luck in the following challenge


Products used 
From Tim Holtz
Dies: trinket frames, ticket booth, star trim
Stamps: mail art CMS339, correspondens CMS225, ticket booth CMS337
Stencil: industrial THS 051
Idea-ology: pen nib, metal clip, quote ship, hardware head, baseboard doll, transparent wing, game spinner, date dials, bottle caps, index clip, word band, quote tokens
Distress ink ground espresso
Distress crayon picket fence, gathered twigs, walnut stain 
Distress marker ripe persimmon, tattered rose
Distress spray walnut stain, ground espresso, pumic stone (if I remember correctly)
Paper stash abandoned
Metallic jewels kraft, silver
Gloss paper

Other
Corrugated packing
Mixed media paper, Canson (140g)
Watercolor paper, Canson (300g)
Hemp cord





7 kommentarer:

crafty-stamper sa...

Every one of your cards are absolutely brilliant Lisa I know I have said it before but the results you get with watercolour paper and sanded metallic card and distress inks-totally amazing -I love every single inch and item!!!
Carol x

aussie aNNie sa...

Sensational work, just amazing with the details you add...have a lovely Sunday.xxx

Janette sa...

Morning Lisa, you know everytime I call here I am just stunned at the work you put into every piece you create, such amazing work and so many techniques, very clever and your sister in law will have a wonderful keepsake.
Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments too Lisa, I appreciate them so very much. Enjoy the snow, I would love to see some here..xx

Rainey's Craft Room sa...

Wow! An amazing card Lisa, such a lot of details and textures, layers and fabulous elements in your design. Thanks for sharing how you create the beautiful effects you achieve on your cards, it's always great to learn techniques and pick up tips from someone so skilled.
Lorraine

Chris sa...

Wow! This is absolutely stunning! Wonderful composition, fabulous layering and combination of elements and eclectica, love the industrial look.
Thanks for visiting my blog and the lovely comment.
Chris
x

Maura sa...

Awesome birthday card! Love how you made the card look like a clipboard with all kinds of wonderful elements and layers! Always love seeing cardboard in use too. Thanks for sharing your awesome card with us at Sandee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenges! hugs, Maura

Claudia N. sa...

Wowzers! Such a cool card and look at all those layers and that background! Love it! And I am sure your sister loved it too!
Thank you for playing along with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

Happy New Year!
Claudia x