tisdag 26 juni 2018

Wedding card for Daniel and Jonna

Hello

We have a new challenge starting today at Ally´s Angels and the theme is anything goes. All types of projects are welcome. The challenge runs for two weeks and there is also a prize to win.

I love being asked to do cards for special occasions and when my lovely friends Merja and Krister wanted me to make a card for their son's wedding I got excited. Especially since I was allowed to make both rust- and metal effects on the card AND also use cogs....I couldn't wish for a more fun card to make. So after getting a closer description of the bride and groom this is what I came up with:


The round "frame" is made with a Seth Apter die called Shield. To create the rust effect I used grit paste, acrylic paints from DecoArt and distress crayon black sooth.

I tried the new Tim Holtz 3D embossing plate Foundry and I can say it's already a favorite. I used it to create the corner decorations and also inside the frame. To create the metallic effect I used Finnabairs metallic wax brushed iron and distress crayon black soot.




Some metal wire from stash wrapped around the heart. The metal decorations are from Tim Holtz (except the small metal heart from Finnabair). 



The corrugated cardstock are treated with acrylic paints from DecoArt and distress crayon black soot. 


Products used
- Tim Holtz dies: big tag, small tag, pipes, tap, big heart, cogs
- Seth Apter die: Shield
- Cheery Lynn die: tags with names on (the names are made with label letters from Tim Holtz)
- Technique Tuesday die: the small hearts
- 3D embossing plate Foundry from Tim Holtz
- all metal decorations from Tim Holtz (except the small heart from Finnabair)
- corrugated cardstock
- acrylic paints from DecoArt: quinacridone gold, paynes grey, raw umber
- grit paste from Tim Holtz 
- metal wire from stash
- watercolor paper
- distress inks and oxides: black soot, iced spruce, walnut stain
- distress crayon black soot
- stencil from Tim Holtz (the word LOVE)


Thanks for stopping by
Have a lovely day

LISA

4 kommentarer:

crafty-stamper sa...

WOW absolutely amazing wedding card -definitely different and definitely a keepsake-love every item and fabulous rust effect-I love how you manage to get sooo much on your cards but they don't look over the top--briliant
Carol x

aussie aNNie sa...

Lisa, I have been 'hanging out' to see another amazing project from you and you did not fail to deliver. This is differently amazing and love everything about it...cool...xx

aussie aNNie sa...

Welcome back my friend.xx

Rainey's Craft Room sa...

Sorry that I missed this post at the time Lisa, it's an awesome card, lots of fabulous layers and texture - an amazing piece.
Lorraine