måndag 27 augusti 2018

For dad

Hello

Made this card for my dad <3

The base is kraft cardstock, my first layer is black coredination cardstock with a brown core, sanded, and my second layer is corrugated paper and DecoArt acrylic paint. I then made three layers using watercolor paper and distress oxides.



The big star in the center is made with a Tim Holtz die and the star that's like a frame around it is made with a Set Apther die. I cut them out in watercolor paper and used acrylic paint from DecoArt and distress oxides to color them. Then embossed them with baked texture from Emerald Creek/Seth Apter. I used deep sea, rocky road and a touch of dirty sand.

For the star panel I used baked texture dirty sand 
and the metal decoration stars are from Tim Holtz.



I used my word play alphabet die from Sizzix/Tim Holtz to cut out 'dad' and then treated the letters the same way as the center stars. Absolutely LOVE these embossing powders from Emerald Creek/Seth Apter. I used some of it on my layers as well.


Products used:
- star die from Seth Apter
- dies from Tim Holtz: star and word play alphabet
- distress oxides from Tim Holtz: ground espresso, frayed burlap, stormy sky, faded jeans, blueprint sketch, antique linen, black soot
- baked texture embossing powder from Emerald Creek/Seth Apter: dirty sand, deep sea, rocky road
- metal decorations from Tim Holtz
- metal junk from stash
- metal wire
- distress crayons from Ranger/Tim Holtz: walnut stain, black soot, vintage photo
- acrylic paint from DecoArt Media: prussian blue hue, pains gray
- coredination cardstock black with brown core
- kraft cardstock
- corrugated paper
- watercolor paper


LISA


3 kommentarer:

Rainey's Craft Room sa...

An amazing card Lisa, I'm sure your dad will love it. Your ability to add so much texture, layers and interest in your projects is something I really admire.
Lorraine

crafty-stamper sa...

WOW absolutely amazing textured layers --I mean your embellishments really look like metal not embossed cardstock-just brilliant
Carol x

crafty-stamper sa...

I have just ordered the baked texture embossing powders your have used--see what kind of results I get not like yours I bet lol--look said I wasn't going to order any more craft stuff and use what I had--take me another two lifetimes to use it all !!!
Carol x