Made this card for my dad <3
The base is kraft cardstock, my first layer is black coredination cardstock with a brown core, sanded, and my second layer is corrugated paper and DecoArt acrylic paint. I then made three layers using watercolor paper and distress oxides.
The big star in the center is made with a Tim Holtz die and the star that's like a frame around it is made with a Set Apther die. I cut them out in watercolor paper and used acrylic paint from DecoArt and distress oxides to color them. Then embossed them with baked texture from Emerald Creek/Seth Apter. I used deep sea, rocky road and a touch of dirty sand.
For the star panel I used baked texture dirty sand
and the metal decoration stars are from Tim Holtz.
I used my word play alphabet die from Sizzix/Tim Holtz to cut out 'dad' and then treated the letters the same way as the center stars. Absolutely LOVE these embossing powders from Emerald Creek/Seth Apter. I used some of it on my layers as well.
- star die from Seth Apter
- dies from Tim Holtz: star and word play alphabet
- distress oxides from Tim Holtz: ground espresso, frayed burlap, stormy sky, faded jeans, blueprint sketch, antique linen, black soot
- baked texture embossing powder from Emerald Creek/Seth Apter: dirty sand, deep sea, rocky road
- metal decorations from Tim Holtz
- metal junk from stash
- metal wire
- distress crayons from Ranger/Tim Holtz: walnut stain, black soot, vintage photo
- acrylic paint from DecoArt Media: prussian blue hue, pains gray
- coredination cardstock black with brown core
- kraft cardstock
- corrugated paper
- watercolor paper