söndag 16 februari 2020

Lilleman - the crazy dog

Hello and welcome to my blog,
I was asked to make a project with a dog on for my best friends hubby, Peter. So I have colored up one of the crazy dogs by Tim Holtz. I chose the one that was most alike Peter's dog Lilleman who is a Cane Corso Mastiff. He is colored using Prismacolor pencils as well as the bow tie and the hat from the stamp set crazy things also by Tim Holtz (TH). 


I chose to make a tag instead of a card this time and I have used the mini etcetera tag from Stampers Anonymous. I started by covering the tag completely in white gesso and let dry. Then I used opaque texture paste thru the stencil decayed in some areas and covered the rest of the front side of the tag with white crackle paint. When completely dry I painted the whole tag using distress paint weathered wood followed by distress ink walnut stain in some areas followed by distress paint broken china and black sooth and distress crayons walnut stain and black sooth. I also used a little bit of water. I then used some baby wipes to remove paint in some areas. When I was happy with my background I stamped with one of the background stamps from the new Professor 2 set by TH using archival ink jet black.



I die cut the planks using woodgrain paper from Ranger Ink and the die planks by TH and then used distress oxide sprays vintage photo and pumic stone and distress crayons broken china, walnut stain and black sooth to paint them. I then die cut more planks and glued them together as I wanted the planks thicker. On one of the planks I have used the TH die claw marks. The nuts are die cut in chipboard (I used the voltage die by TH) and painted using distress paint broken china. I then sanded the edges and used the distress tool and distress ink walnut stain to ink the edges. The idea-ology mini hardware pull is painted with distress paint broken china and distress crayons black sooth and walnut stain. 



The bones at the top of my tag are die cut in chipboard using the skull die by TH. They are painted using distress paint broken china and distress ink walnut stain and sanded.



For the sentiment I used woodgrain paper and distress oxide spray pumic stone and hickory smoke followed by distress crayons walnut stain and black sooth and when completely dry I embossed the 'beware' stamp from the stamp set mr bones by TH in a dark red color from Sparkle N Sprinkle. On each side of the sentiment I have an idea-ology hardware head painted with distress crayons walnut stain. 



I added an idea-ology hinge clip on the side and used the chain from a swivel clasp, a jump ring, a mini book ring and a hitch fastener. All these parts are painted with distress crayons black sooth and the hinge clip with distress paint broken china and walnut stain as well.

Thank you for stopping by
Lisa


CHALLENGE


PRODUCTS USED
Tim Holtz
- mini etcetera tag
- dies: planks, skull (the bones), voltage (the bolts), claw marks
- stamp sets: crazy things (bow tie and hat), crazy dogs, bones (the sentiment), the professor 2 (background stamps)
- idea-ology: mini hardware pull, hardware heads, hinge clip, swivel clasp (chain), book ring, jump ring, hitch fastener 
- stencil: THS129 decayed
- distress ink walnut stain
- distress crayons black sooth, walnut stain
- distress paint broken china, black sooth, walnut stain
- distress oxide spray pumic stone, hickory smoke, walnut stain, broken china, vintage photo
- woodgrain paper
- opaque texture paste
- archival ink jet black
- distress tool

Other
- white gesso, Finnabair
- prismacolor pencils
- crackle paint, DecoArt
- string from stash
- baby wipes
- chipboard
- dark red embossing powder from Sparkle N Sprinkle




12 kommentarer:

Janette sa...

Absolutely stunning, please tell me if you sick of me saying this to you Lisa but your amazing. Another simply fabulous creation. WOW. Xxx

crafty-stamper sa...

Absolutely brilliant,fabulous colouring of the crazy dog,textured background and just love those distressed planks-brilliant-and I agree with Janette you are amazing
Carol x

Karen L K sa...

Wow! That is very creative and great looking! There is so many nice projects in the Tim Holtz group but yours is one of my very favorites!

Mariann Jakobsen sa...

Han steike korr tøfft! Du overrasker til stadighet! Denne har en skikkelig WOW factor! Liker veldig godt fargevalgene dine også.

aussie aNNie sa...

Cuteness on a tag/card, lovely design here Lisa and you sure know how to make your followers oooh and ahhh.xxx

Rainey's Craft Room sa...

Your creativity is amazing Lisa! The way you add texture and interest to every piece is just fabulous.
Lorraine

Cris G. sa...

How fun and absolutely gorgeous is your tag... LOVE it!!!

Geraldine sa...

Fantastic tag

sarascloset sa...

How wonderful, Lisa! I can see why this was chosen to Spotlight at SSS! Great crackle and such a fun design!

aussie aNNie sa...

Thanks for your visits Lisa, big h ugs..xx

aussie aNNie sa...

Hi Lisa, hope you are doing fine, thanks for your constant lovely comments..hugs.xx

aussie aNNie sa...

Thanks for your congrats on my DT, [have another one coming up, I need to be kept so busy, stops me from worrying] xx