söndag 26 februari 2017

KennyK Sophisticated Gentleman

Hello!
Hope you are well.

For todays make I've used Sophisticated Gentleman from www.kennykstamps


I printed him out on photo paper, cropped him and instead of coloring him the way I usually do I used my blending tool and Distress Ink walnut stain, vintage photo and black soot around the edges and a bit on top. I then printed him out again and colored just his face with my Prisma pencils and used a 3D tape to glue it on to the photo. 


Then I used The Distress Collage Medium Vintage on top. It makes it look almost like an old photo.


  The bow tie is made with a die but I don't remember what brand.


I've used a lot of black gesso both for backing papers and for the metal decorations. For the rusty looking papers and tags I've used kraft paper and acrylic paints from Deco Art and Distress Ink black soot.


The metal decorations are from Tim Holtz, Finnabair and stash



The faucet knob is from Tim Holtz and a favorite of mine. The star is from Finnabair, love these stars. Both colored with black gesso.



The rulers I've cut out from a Tim Holtz design paper. The tags are made with dies from TH and as you can see I've used my sewing machine (that doesn't happen very often, lol).



The sentiments 'tell your story' and '#lucky' are from TH, embossed in the color frayed burlap from TH/Ranger and with some black soot Distress ink on top.



The small frame on the bottom is chipboard from Tando Creative/Andy Skinner Industrial Elements and colored using Deco Art acrylic paint in the colors quinacridone gold and raw umber and Distress Ink black soot. The screws on top of it are metal decorations from Finnabair.




Challenge
Hugs, Lisa

11 kommentarer:

Tone K. sa...

Tusen takk for hyggelig kommentar i bloggen min :) Setter stor pris på det ♥
Dette kortet var bare supertøft...så stilig. Flott motiv og kule detaljer :)

Diane Louise J sa...

I love looking at all the embellishments you add to your cards Lisa... this card, as always, is fab.
Crafty Hugs
Diane Louise x

crafty-stamper sa...

Love what you did with the image and the old dusty metal effect on the embellishments and papers is absolutely brilliant -you can almost feel the dust-been checking every detail
Carol x
We would love to see this entered at-http://ainkymess.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/challenge-8.html

aussie aNNie sa...

Loving the distressed stain on the image Lisa, Your embellies are never ending and amazing. Love seeing what you come up with, you are so creative.xx[aNNie]

brenda sa...

A stunning masculine creatiton with a lovely distressed feel and lots of lovely metal pieces to fit our theme, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Barb sa...

Wow Lisa this is an amazing piece of work. It really has the look of metal and old leather. I can't get over your attention to detail and your elderly gentleman certainly looks as if he knows how to enjoy life. I LOVE it! Barbxx

Wendy L sa...

Wow, wow, this looks amazing, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

Gayatri sa...

Love all the vintage elements and texture on your project. Amazing details. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Rainey's Craft Room sa...

A superb creation Lisa. I just love everything about this - the distressed and aged look, the fabulous metal pieces and your ingenious use of textures and layers.
Lorraine

Ally sa...

oh my gosh, it's stunning! I love how your creations have this wonderful touch of Lisa-ish style! I would recognise you in a million!
xxx, Ally

Art by Zowie Dixon sa...

I adore your amazing creation, I love the gentleman image too, he's so sweet! xx