onsdag 10 april 2019

A canvas made for a dental practice

Hello and welcome,

I'm back with a canvas as my DT work for this month challenge at Ally's Angels. The theme is anything goes.

I had a lot of fun creating this piece which again is dental related, the same as a card I posted earlier. As I work at a dental practice and my colleagues at another dental practice we collaborate with are celebrating 15 years in the business I wanted to make them a canvas to honor this occasion.

I asked my boss if I could use some retired dental instruments from work. I also wanted a tooth on my canvas so my hubby made one out of balsa wood (just the crown) and we found a big screw in our basement which we used to make this look like a dental implant with a dental crown on top. Hope this doesn't scare you too much....

I've tried to make all those scary instruments look less scary by adding lots of flowers, butterflies and other decorations, so I hope you like it despite all the scary stuff. 



I used one of my number stencils in the center of my canvas with Rangers opaque texture paste and then corrugated cardboard to make two panels, one on each side. I then applied some Finnabair graphite texture paste randomly on top. Metal decorations from Finnabair, retired dental instruments from work, an old tooth brush and some scrap metal and other decorations from stash. Cotton lace on the edges. Then covered everything with black gesso and then some metallic acrylic paint in gold to highlight details.


A close up of the "tooth" 


 This toothbrush really has seen its best days, lol. My hubby has used it to clean his radio controlled cars from mudd and oil...



Flowers, leaves and butterflies from Finnabair/Prima


Products used:
- canvas 15x20cm
- gesso: clear, black
- corrugated cardboard
- number stencil from stash
- opaque texture paste from Ranger
- texture paste, graphite from Finnabair/Prima
- heavy body gel from Finnabair/Prima
- metal decorations from Finnabair/Prima
- retired dental instruments from work
- old toothbrush
- dental drills
- metal decorations and scrap metal from stash
- cotton lace from stash
- metallic acrylic paint in gold from Finnabair/Prima
- numbers (15) die cut from the Tim Holtz/Sizzix die word play




THANKS FOR STOPPING BY
Hugs, Lisa





 




4 kommentarer:

Janette sa...

Hi Lisa, I always love your work and this is no exception, wow, its gorgeous, love the use of the dental instruments, how clever of you, it all looks stunning.xx

crafty-stamper sa...

Fabulous canvas love all the dental instruments and tooth lol-the gold highlights look brilliant against all the black
Carol x

Sarah - Crea S sa...

Wow Lisa, such a great canvas! Love the black and gold combination! The dental instruments work well on this mixed media project. Hugs, Sarah

Rainey's Craft Room sa...

The gold and black colour combo work beautifully to highlight all the dental instruments and details Lisa. Somehow I miss your posts each time, I will have to look at changing some settings so that I pick them up in future, this is a new thing as I used to get notifications before (?)
Lorraine